Places I want to go with you


Some day when we are older, I want to travel to northern Italy with you and I want to visit all the places you have dreamt to visit.

Specially I will try to search the city of Créma and the pond by which the boys spent their summer in 'Call me by your name'.



I also want to visit France, eat cheese and drink quality wine, and read French poetry , and travel in French Ferries on the river Seine. We will go to Paris and visit the Shakespeare book store where Jesse met Celine for the second time in his life.
I wish we can spend an evening like them.
I wish we can order une citrone in the cafe at the corner.


I want to to visit Amsterdam and see the Anne Frank museum with you. I want to climb the steep stairs and be breathless on reaching the secret book shelf.

I wish we can eat dragon carrot risotto at Oranje by the riverbank, while dried Petals of cherry blossom float like confetti on the river water.







You know what else would I love to do?

I would love to fly to Banaras and take a boat to Sangam.

Because it is said that "Sangam  do bar aana chahie, ek bar akele, aur ek bar Kisi ke sath". Maybe we will sit in cafe Vatika, and order Pizza with Schezwan sauce.
Who knows, we can even watch a a night show movie at Sangam talkies and ride a scooter in the narrow lanes of the city.



If we ever get the chance I would like to take you to Kolkata. We will take the tram and look at Howrah bridge while talking about Ashok and Ashima, and Udayan and Gauri  and the role of Vidya Balan in Kahaani . We will talk about rural Bangal and the huge mansion of Thakur Sahab. You will remember Bulbul picking mangoes in her childhood, I will remember her sitting in the manson passing judgements on behalf of Bade Saahab.




If I have the money I will wish to go to  Bolivia and ride a bicycle in Salar de Uyuni.  Then take a Helicopter and Fly past Christ the Redeemer in Brazil. If the time is right, we can dance in Carnevale de Rio de Janeiro.
We both will go to Mexico city and eat authentic Mexican food. Maybe I will take you to the ruins of Tenochtitlan. They say that peruvian chocolate is the best, we will have some and then track in The Andes to chichen itza pyramid.

I want to sail the Mediterranean sea and dance with you in the streets of Barcelona like Ed Sheeran sang. We can get drunk on Sangria and marvel at the beauty of of  Sagrada familia. I don't know if they will allow us to get inside Casa Mila. But atleast Museo Picasso will not be missed. If you want I will let you pet the giant dog in front of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao



Someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

આકાશ ને થીંગડું મારી શકાય?

Book review "In Other Words" by Jhumpa Lahiri

Book Review: 100 Selected Stories by O. Henry