Akshardham Delhi : draft version.



Just came back from Akshardham Delhi. A really marvellous experience.
The magnificent construction, the breath taking sculpture, the
fantastic architecture, the praiseworthy management. The museum is
nice, but the audio/video shows are sure to win your hearts. Even
though the exhibits were similar to the Gandhinagar temple, some of
them were better. The Boat ride is a 'must see'. The 'MYSTIC INDIA'
entertained me again, despite my having seen it earlier at Gandhinagar
Liked the Gajendra-peeth carvings. The marble sculptures adorning both
the inside and outside of the temple are extremely detailed. And the
Ceiling work- butterly delicate. I'm sure many people woul.d be having
neck pains due to looking up the ceiling for too long.
The Temple visit ended with the much talked about 'musical fountains'.
To be frank, these jets of water didn't impress me as much as the
G.ngr water show did . But then, they didn't charge so either.


(DISCLAIMER: This post is just the bunch of thoughts coming right now
in my brain. I have tried to point them all here. I'd try to refine
this post with links and photos as soon as I get time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

આકાશ ને થીંગડું મારી શકાય?

Book review "In Other Words" by Jhumpa Lahiri

Book Review: 100 Selected Stories by O. Henry